May has been a really good month for me reading-wise and so I thought I’d share with you how my TBR is coming and what I plan on reading over the next few weeks. If you didn’t see my last TBR post you can check that out here. I’m only going to be talking physical books here on this post, so if you want to see me talk e-books let me know!
1. Enchanters by K. F. Bradshaw
This is a book about a girl who has to have an epic cross country journey to restore magic to the land whilst being chased by the law. It is if I want to avoid any kind of spoiler it is anyway! I loved this book, it is genuinely my new favourite book and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes a good YA epic.
2. Twelve Kings by Bradley Beaulieu
A street child turned gladiator fights to uncover the mystery behind her mother’s untimely death. This story is dark, feeling very Game of Thrones from the first page. It’s an interesting story and you really do root for the main characters but is not meant for a younger audience.
3. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
This is a hilarious novel about the Lady Jane Grey and her shape-shifting husband’s attempts to prevent her cousin Princess Mary from taking the throne. This novel is historically accurate enough that it didn’t make my blood boil the whole way through, but at the same time took wild liberties with history in the most wonderful way. It screams YA but I think it could be enjoyed by a really wide audience.
4. How to be a Victorian by Ruth Goodman
This is a factual novel that gives a real insight into the everyday lives of a Victorian. If you’re not a history nerd maybe give this a try, it could open your eyes as to how your great aunt Mary really lived.
Across the face of the World by Russell Kirkpatrick
I’m only a few chapters into this novel, which is the first of the Fire of Heaven trilogy, but so far it’s pretty interesting. The world has been well established and the adventure is about to begin, I’m very attached to all of the main characters by now and I just know one of them is going to die mid-way through this book. It’s got a very Lord of the Rings vibe, so if you like that why not give this one a go?
To Be Read:
1. In the Earth Abides the Flame by Russell Kirkpatrick
2. The Right Hand of God by Russell Kirkpatrick
3. Finding Violet Park by Jenny Valentine
4. How to be a Tudor by Ruth Goodman
5. Sucking Eggs by Patricia Nicol
6. Eating for Victory by Jill Norman
7. Make do and Mend by Jill Norman
8. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Screenplay by JK Rowling
9. Forces from Beyond by Simon R. Green
10. The Society of S by Susan Hubbard
11. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
12. Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton
13. Alchemy of Herbs by Rosalee De La Foret
14. A knight of the Seven Kingdoms by George RR Martin
And that’s my physical TBR! If you have any recommendations for me, or questions about any of the books I’ve read just leave a comment down below! Thank you so much for reading!
Until Next Time,
Emily Jayne xo